Steve's Business Ventures
International Modern Martial Arts Federation. More…
Steve Stewarts Modern Martial Arts studio.
Combat Pressure Points
The modern science of self defence series.
Pure Energy for Life
Take your health and well being to the next level.
Pathways Holistic Pet Care
Bringing out the best in your loved one.
About Steve Stewart
|After getting his Shito Ryu in 1973, Professor Steve Stewart achieved
his 1st Dan in Shito Kai while in Hungary in April 2006!
Professor Stewart is the highest ranked American Kenpo (8th Dan) and Kyusho-Jitsu (9th Dan) Martial Artist in Canada. He formerly served as both the Canadian Rep for the WKKA (Worldwide Kenpo Karate Association) and International Director. Professor Stewart was also a member of the WKKA National Demonstration Team (1996 - 2001) and performed at many major events in both Canada and the United States. His introduction to the Martial Arts dates back to August 1973.
Professor Stewart has been in a number of martial arts magazines over the years including Black Belt, Inside Kung Fu, Budo, Martial Arts Business on-line and most recently on the cover of Martial Arts Professional Magazine (December 2004 Issue). Professor Stewart has also been in martial arts magazines in Australia, Europe and France. He has been interviewed by local televison (Rogers Cable) and a guest on "Breakfast Television". In April of 2003 he was recruited by Blue Dragon Entertainment to have a role in a film titled "TRANSFORMED". He conducts seminars all over the world to all styles of the martial arts adding the art of Kyusho to their discipline, even as a Kenpo Stylist himself, the art of Kyusho (Pressure Point Combat) can elevate ones level of knowledge within their art by 200%. His furture plans after completing his Doctorate include more movies and write a series of books. Over the years he has studied and received black belts in several disciplines, but finds Kenpo to be a very logical approach to street self defense.
TALENTED MARTIAL ARTISTS THAT PROFESSOR STEVE STEWART HAS TRAINED WITH OVER THE YEARS INCLUDE:
Professor Wally Jay (Small Circle Ju-Jitsu), Professor Remy Presas (Modern Arnis), Mr. George Dillman (DKI), Mr. Joe Palanzo (President : WKKA), Mr. Dan Severn (UFC Champion) Mr. Frank Shamrock (UFC Championship), Mr. Joe Lewis,(Father of American Kick Boxing), and many others.
Professor Stewart trains with Mr. Frank Trejo (10th Degree American Kenpo). Professor Trejo ran The Mr. Parker Studio in Pasadena California, traveled with Mr. Parker regularly to other countries and won the Long Beach Internationals in Sparring 19 times. He was also a former head coach of the Budwiser Karate Demonstration team in the mid 80's.
PROFESSOR STEVE STEWARTS VAST ACCOMPLISHMENTS INCLUDE:
Martial Arts Accomplishments:
1st Dan : Shito Kai
2nd Degree : Modern Arnis
2nd Degree : Tae Kwon Do ITF Style
8th Degree : American Kenpo (highest Ranked in Canada)
9th Degree : Kyusho-Jitsu (Highest Ranked in Canada) Canadian Representative : DKI
WKKA Demonstration Team (1996-2001)
Certified Instructor of Small Circle Ju-jitsu
WKKA International Director (Reported directly to Mr Joe Polanzo) (1995-2002)
International Director for European Kyusho Academy (EKA), est. 2007
International Director for Kyusho Australia (KA), est. 2008
Founder for Kyusho-Jitsu Canada (Combat Pressure Points), est. 2003
Awards / Degrees:
- Certified Canine/Equine Acupuncture & Tui Na (Chiropractic/Massage/Acupressure)
- International Institute Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine (Affiliated Animal Acupuncture Academy) (May 2010)
- Appointed Board of Directors (Worldwide Martial Arts Hall of Fame)
- BSc: Anatomy and Physiology University of Western Ontario (1980)
- Diploma : Histotechnology Fanshawe College (1988)
- Pathology Technologist (1981-1991)
- Alzheimer's Research Study Program (1986 - 1991)
- Small Business Program Award : Enterpreuner of the Year (1995)
- Regional Director (NAPMA) (National Association of Professional Martial Artists) (2000-Present)
- World Martial Arts Hall of Fame (2002-2004)
- International World Wide Martial Arts Hall of Fame (June 2002)
- Graduate of Canadian College of Acupuncturists & Compliemntary Medicine (2003)
- Graduate of the International College of Bio-Energetic Medicine Atlanta, GA (2005)
- Doctorate: Medical Acupuncture & Holistic Medicine Canbourne University UK(2005)
- Member of the Martial Arts Teacher's Association (MATA)
Professor Stewart is a Licenced Doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture and is a member of the CANADIAN EXAMINING BOARD OF HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS canadianexaminingboard.com